aberdeen-music

Wanted: Gretsch 6120 guitar

Gramster

got one

you mean something like this:

001.jpg

I am actually willing to sell to a good home.

I got this in 1995, it has been gigged and has several cosmetic issues (in fact just about all hardware is in some way cosmetically compromised). But it was recently refretted, plays and sounds like a Gretsch should. If you want to come over to have a look PM me.

you mean something like this:

001.jpg

I am actually willing to sell to a good home.

I got this in 1995, it has been gigged and has several cosmetic issues (in fact just about all hardware is in some way cosmetically compromised). But it was recently refretted, plays and sounds like a Gretsch should. If you want to come over to have a look PM me.

Which model is that? It seems to have a strange mish-match of features.

Not that I'm selling it, but here's my 1999 6119 which I upgraded with TV Jones pickups, a bar bridge and a "Chet" pickguard. If you do get a 6120 then I would seriously recommend putting TV Jones pups in it.

4364383540a5201770577l.jpg

In fact, you might be as well picking up a 5120 and upgrading the pickups and hardware.

If you end up buying new then Peter Cooks is just about the best in the UK, but even with tax and duty you might be as well buying in the states from somewhere like Shanghai Music or Dave's. :)

If you know all 6120's lay-outs ever built you win a cigar. Pre-Fender mid nineties 6120's are quite rare. All hardware used to be gold but over the years: the knobs were swapped with an old strat (1 is missing), the bridge replaced by a tune-o-matic, the scratchplate was painted black, the plastic pick-up rings have long since perished etc.

Here is an example of what it looked like when i bought it.