aberdeen-music

Creative Cultures Networking Night

Creative Cultures would like to invite you to our networking night on the 31st of January 2008 (6pm - 8pm). We have a line-up of speakers for you to find out about several opportunities available to you in Aberdeen City and shire. We will have: Phil Thompson (CCS), Neil Stevenson (Transition Extreme), Jim Ewen (Cultural Enterprise Office), Chris Mellor (Aberdeen City Council) and Sarah Malone (Camouflage 08 project), all offering insights and opportunities in professional development and creative practice. We will also have on show 10 practitioners showcasing their work. After the talks, the evening will be yours to mingle and network with many of Aberdeen City & Shire's finest! Wine and nibbles will be available during the evening.

Places are limited to 100, so if you wish to attend, please reply to this email ASAP, as we are operating a first come, first served basis.

if you are interested (or need more info), please email

info@creativeculturescotland.co.uk

thanks,

the Creative Cultures Scotland team.

Out of interest, what was discussed at this event?

Did Chris Mellor by any chance give an explanation or apologise for his, and the councils, farcical, bizarre and backhand way of dealing with the Lemon Tree closing?

Nope. It wasn't a question and answer style of evening and not that many there that would have been asking the questions. There were a few introductory talks, myself included, and then it was on with everyone working the room... Time and a place for picking the Councils brains about the LT going on...

Very good night and more of the same. Congrats to Phil and the CC team on doing their darndest to bring folk together. Easily the most popular night of this type I have attended in Aberdeen.

Time and a place for picking the Councils brains about the LT going on...QUOTE]

^ I know, I was just having a wee dig. ^

I would have liked to attend but wasnt in Abdn at the time so I was curious as to what went on.

Awareness rasing of the LT situation the no one thinks too much about until they actually 'think' about it and then go, oh yeah, hang on a minute... ;)