aberdeen-music

Nhs 24

framheim

G-Docs can be horrifically useless at times too - I had to go there in summer when I had a migraine that just wouldn't shift and I had to travel the next day back to Essex for an exam. But the blithering idiot (American, unsurprisingly) who I don't think was a doctor handed me some pills and told me to sleep. I asked her for some sort of evidence that I'd been to see a doctor, only to get an arrogant "We don't write notes for people" attitude. She kept the attitude up, and point blank refused to issue any sort of proof that I'd been there - even though the uni only wanted proof of the visit, not a medical note as such. And then to make matters better, the pills given weren't any use anyway. I think the fact that my doctor was 550 miles away was somewhat lost on her - and that "visiting the doctor tomorrow" just wasn't going to happen.

This was after phoning several GP surgeries and being told the same thing "We don't cater for people that are only visiting, go to G-Docs" - but the whole thing was eventually sorted out by my mum's GP, who arranged an appointment and sorted out the evidence without fuss once my mum had spoken to her rather than the muppets at the reception desk. And she also prescribed decent pills that actually worked.

edit: Just looked up tonsilitis and it just said rest and keeping hydrated is the treatment so I guess the pills were given to me for a urinary tract infection of some sort?

Cipro concentrates in the kidneys & urinary system so yes, that would be its primary purpose. However it is also known as the antibiotic equivalent of bleach & would undoubtedly help your tonsils, if a bacterial infection is involved. Just maybe not quite as much as other ABs

Cipro is also prescribed instead of Penicillin & Erithromycin type ABs if you have had a sensitivity to or a previous problem with them.