aberdeen-music

Best way to power pedals?

MatthewKV

The one I was using was from R&B, I think its just a standard one (same as the guys who's selling a pedal board case in the equipment section). I need something better, I had a replacement and each time they started showing problems within the first week, they just don't seem reliable.

As for the daisy chain Chris, I thought of that too, and I've seen people using them and have gone fine but if one link breaks it cuts the whole circuit right? I'm not sure how much I'd trust that in a gig situation.

Anyone else use a good power bank they recommend?

I've had my power bank for 5 or 6 years and it's never failed on me once. Maybe you've just been unlucky. But fair enough, bad experiences will put you off something.

As for the daisy chain, I guess you just take spare link cables to mitigate against that. But by the same token if one of the patch leads carrying the guitar signal between your pedals breaks then you'll lose your sound so it's no bigger risk than that.

Hey there, so my acdc power bank packed in on me after a fight to keep the piece of shit alive. Anyone know of any other really good alternatives?

There doesn't seem to be a huge choice in aberdeen but i don't really have time to order one.

That sucks - I'd suggest the 1Spot 9v adaptor Visual Sound – The 1 SPOT 9VDC For Pedal Boards - I have two of these for my gargantuan pedal board, but as you say you don't have time to order.

Worth considering for the future though.

I'd happily lend you mine, but I'm exiled in Angola 'til the 30th.

Good luck!