aberdeen-music

anyone coming to valhella this saturday?

framheim

go on you know it's the best fun you'll ever have. we had genuine punters at the last one and some of them even had a wee dance! ask anyone who was there they'll tell you it was a grand night indeed. i'll be hugely disappointed if two people turn up this week. 11-3 in dr drakes and it's free!

we've been known to play a bit of everything but generally it's the heavier side of the tracks. last week we had a funk run though including primus and !!!. twas grand.

if there are only two people that turn up, you can expect me to be one of them.

especially if there is some Mistress (as usual).

Oh, and if I bring along some Acid Bath, you guys have to play it. It'll be right up your alley.

And the Isis vid again.

WOO HOO

(I love Valhella)

yep, get an album called 'didn't it rain'. also check out ghost tropic and lioness. alasdair roberts plays on both those albums, though apparently only on one song on the lioness. his last two albums were dead good too. magnolia electric company featured scout niblett amongst others and is a more electric and rock affair to his other albums. pyramid electric company is just jason molina himself but it's wonderful and stark. if you just want a song to check out then try and download 'steve albini's blues' or 'two lights', certainly my two favourite tracks off of didn't it rain. incidentally steve albini's blues is also available on the recent 'another country 2' compilation. which is worth buying as well. also it is actually songs:ohia, it's not a typo on my part. no idea why he called it that.

i feel i may have gone on a bit much there, but i'm sure you'll find some of that useful.

enjoy!