aberdeen-music

MeFM Benefit Bash = thanks!

ghost

Thanks to:

* The lovely Dr Drakes for allowing us to put on the gig.

* The bands and artists who gave up their time and energy for free (we did tell you that, right? :D ) and put on fantastic performances - there was not one single duff act - the heroes are: Paul Tasker, Fiona Keenan, Future Galloway, The Titanics, Suvara and The Little Kicks.

* The folk who came along, paid to get in and supported local music on a night where the rest of town was being invaded by outsiders.

* DJ Del Franklin for an eclectic mix of classics and downright weird cover versions (That Lovin' Feeling by... The Human League?!)

* Everyone who supplied backline equipment - you know who you are! Without you, it would have been much quieter.

* The beer.... for flowing.

* The fridge .... for humming in tune.

* Mother! ;(

:O Anyway... we raised 130 on the night so thankew thankew thankew! Hopefully I'll be able to convince my work to add another 100 on top so (fingers out...).... 230 in total! Yay!

Thanks.

I second that.

Really enjoyed last nite. Seemed like everyone was having a good time of it.

Enjoyed all the acts and saw many that Ive been meaning to see for ages!

Just as well we went on when we did, the alchohol was flowing a little too freely among our band

members. Any later and bad things could have happened.

Mind you we had been there from bout 6pm so it was to be expected.

Hope everyone who saw us enjoyed our set and would watch us again.

Cant view pics either but will try again later also.

Im heading back to Drakes at 7pm 2nite to pick up all our gear, Im not sure theyll

let me in after last nights debauchery.

Anyone else in drakes drink the Lowenbrau beer last nite? 5.2% at 1.70!

Im surprised and glad to be alive this morning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the little kicks - live

MAY

Saturday 8th May - Lemon Tree - 3.25

Tuesday 25th May - E.P Launch - Drummonds - 2

6 track E.P - tbc -

what a super night! great sets from everybody but my faves on the night were deffo little kicks, also paul taskers acoustic set is worth a mention, shame more people didn't see it but not a duff act in sight!

the dj was appaling though, how did that fat drunken loser ever get a gig?

Originally posted by Frosty Jack:

Excellent night, thanks for having us...

All top quality acts and a good atmosphere. Might do a wee reviewette on the Feedback Forum.

Can't view the pics though, thanks to Geoshitties and their data transfer miserliness. I'll try later, and if I get them I can host them for you if you like.

Thanks - much appreciated. I'll change the links as per your PM so more than one person an hour can view the pics. It's not even as if they're BIG pictures - around 80k each!