aberdeen-music

PC Stop Errors!! Help!!

Stray Cat

I've been getting blue screens for about a month now. I've tried formatting my hard disk & reinstalling windows but it still happens. I have uploaded the dmp files from the last 4 crashes and would appreciate it if anyone could help e resolve this issue.

minidump.zip

Cheers

Ray

ps. I've also ran several memory diagnostics tests & have never found an error.

Guest onlynik

I think it may be a driver issue. Do you have an Nvidia GFX card? it may also be a fault with your mother board, def sounds like a driver issue.

you can try to determine what driver is causing the problem, you need to enable driver

verifier.

Steps:

1) Windows Key + R

2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter

3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next

4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish

5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this

occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select

the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose

'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any

driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but

will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash

the blue screen will hopefully say something like

"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION".

Then make a note of the offending driver and you should be able to work out whats causing the problem.

Oh and if this toasts your machine, I'm not taking any responsibility.

Thanks for the tip. If this has a possibility of toasting my machine then perhaps I'll only do this as a last resort.

My GFX is ATI Radeon 9200 256MB Gold Edition. Yes, shit I know, but the only other card I have is a Ge-Force 4 mx440.

The other thing is - When this happens my pc reboots so I don't get enough time to read the stop error.

Guest onlynik
Thanks for the tip. If this has a possibility of toasting my machine then perhaps I'll only do this as a last resort.

My GFX is ATI Radeon 9200 256MB Gold Edition. Yes, shit I know, but the only other card I have is a Ge-Force 4 mx440.

The other thing is - When this happens my pc reboots so I don't get enough time to read the stop error.

Stop error is 0x1000000A - got this from your dumps

What anti virus are you using? Is it McAfee?

I was reading on This Thread (and this particular post) that "mfehidk.sys" is actually a McAfee file!

People on the forum think that McAfee just Googled the file and stumbled upon the Daemon Tools website. If so, then this has nothing to do with DT.

However, someone on that thread suggests doing some registry editing (Post #18, may be suitable seeing as you do not have DT installed), while another (Post #19) recommends installing Daemon Tools build 4.0.3 and/or downloading all available McAfee updates.

Hopefully this is of some help.