aberdeen-music

Deadloss Review in Indigo Flow

Chris

Nice to see the Deadloss name getting around. Saw a pretty good review of the E.P in this months Indigo Flow mailout:

Deadloss Superstar - Are You Ready To Die For...

devoted.to/deadloss | ++++

A band at the forefront of the highly active Aberdeen music scene (which, as far as I can tell from reading Fudge Fanzine, is the most active and exciting scene in the UK at the moment). The CD opens on Wall Of Skin, which manages to encompass Darkness-style falsetto vocals, a hip hop vibe and New York Hardcore all in one. Then Draw The Line starts up sounding like Alabama 3, all harmonicas, slide guitar and cod-Texan accents, before going all Rollins Band on the chorus. The rest of the CD (3 more tracks: D.N.R., In Tranquillo Mors and Stars) carries on in a similarly schizophrenic fashion but the band manage to pull it off, without this ever seeming like some weird compilation. Brilliant. (AM)

Indigo Flow is an email fanzine which has been on the go for about 6 years now. It gets sent out to lots and lots of people but whether they all read it, I dunno.

It's soon to turn into a more normal web based fanzine I think as it's getting too large to mail out every month.