aberdeen-music

short sighted unite! (help)

ZeromiserY

To be fair, my boss had it done almost 20 years ago and he has had no problems. That said, he is starting to go short-sighted again, just through age I guess.

When I had it done they told me there was about a 1% chance of something going wrong, which I was okay with because 3 hours after I had it done, I could see! No more getting pissed and losing glasses sleeping with contact lenses in or leaving them in tap water overnight.

There is the obvious downside that the aging process with alter yr eyesight just like everyone else, but I think the operation was well worth it.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
When I had it done they told me there was about a 1% chance of something going wrong, which I was okay with because 3 hours after I had it done, I could see! No more getting pissed and losing glasses sleeping with contact lenses in or leaving them in tap water overnight.

There is the obvious downside that the aging process with alter yr eyesight just like everyone else, but I think the operation was well worth it.

It's something I've thought about on and off, how much does it cost these days?

as low as 500 per eye according to some scumbag advert on the televizzle.

i think your probably looking at closer to 1000 per eye. then theres the aftercarwe appointment s you need to attend monthly for about a year afterwards.they do it stanley kubrick style. metal pincers that hold open your eye.... bring on the specs.

It's around £1200 for the operation I got, which was both eyes at once under local anathesiac. There is minium pain with this option, after the op it just felt like I had a really, really bad hangover.

There is the £500 option, which is one eye at a time with a two week gap between each eye when you are taking morphine for the pain.

Guest DustyDeviada
It's around 1200 for the operation I got, which was both eyes at once under local anathesiac. There is minium pain with this option, after the op it just felt like I had a really, really bad hangover.

There is the 500 option, which is one eye at a time with a two week gap between each eye when you are taking morphine for the pain.

Morphine you say? ;)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
It's around 1200 for the operation I got, which was both eyes at once under local anathesiac. There is minium pain with this option, after the op it just felt like I had a really, really bad hangover.

There is the 500 option, which is one eye at a time with a two week gap between each eye when you are taking morphine for the pain.

1200 is a month's wages so that's out, unless they do a Buy One Get One Free.

You've scared me off the 500 option by mentioning morphine. Looks like the bins are here for a while yet.........