aberdeen-music

TBS Album Details Released

Stephen

Taking Back Sunday and Victory Records are pleased to announce that a July 2004 release is planned for their sophomore album.

After spending the early part of the year writing and arranging their new songs, some of which were written while on their previous tour and some

newly penned, they signed Lou Giordano on as producer. Famous for his work with Sugar, Husker Du, Sunny Day Real Estate and Belly, Giordano's

innovative spirit, tremendous experience and faith in the band won them over and created an electric work environment in the studio.

Guitarist andfounding member Eddie Reyes adds "recording with Lou is like being in school

again because he is a teacher and you learn so much from him."

"The new album is still very Taking Back Sunday but more mature and more rock and roll," continues Reyes. "I know every band says that but for real,

it'll kick you in the balls. The first record was written for fun and the love of music, no expectations. Even though it's done more than we ever expected, I still tried to go into the second record the same exact way. We're all here to have fun, hopefully the audience will enjoy it and feel the same way."

Giordano adds "This was one of the most enjoyable recording experiences I've ever had. It amazes me that these guys were able to bring together such

diverse musical backgrounds and form a cohesive vision that not only meets but surpasses their previous efforts. There's a wide variety of song

styles, some with the signature Taking Back Sunday sound and some heading in totally new directions. It's an honor to work with these guys on one of the

most anticipated albums of 2004."

New TBS Promo Shot