aberdeen-music

Acoustic Simulators

Dayeth

The stomp box acoustic simulator by Boss is quite good. Craig has one and I use it alot. It's got 4 different styles of acoustic which are selected with a rotary switch. Peizio <high and zingy sounding, like a piezio system really> Dreadnaught, Jumbo and another one whos name I forget. One niggle, though only a small one, is that if you want to change between sounds you have to turn the pedal off, change, then stomp it back on. There are two control knobs so you can adjust the sound of each style. Knob one controls the size of the body<the more body the bigger the sound> and knob two controls the amount of top end. Lastly on the control front is a volume control to adjust the volume of the effect.

As for werther it is a decent alternative I am not sure. Obviosuly it isn't as good as the real deal but for the money it does a good impression. I might incorporate it for getting that acoustic sound live as it is much easier than having to swap guitar and it gives you the oppertunity to swap between sounds at the touch of a button....or the stomp of a pedal...It's also handy for recording ideas without all the hassle of micing an acoustic...basically what I am trying to say is that it is a very useable effect.

Being a Boss pedal means that it is practically indestructable and looks great too. Although it is quite expensive for a stomp box at 90ish you are getting alot more technology crammed into that little yellow box. I say go try one out and see what you think...

Originally posted by Graham:

I saw a second hand one in R&B not long ago and I think they maybe still have it. It was cheaper than the new one as well.

Interesting, I would like my own rather than only getting to use it when I am around at Craigs...only problem is I don't have that much money at the moment.