aberdeen-music

(the) Knack

Cloud

Guest DustyDeviada

Anybody else think that the lyrics to that song are really dodgy? For example "I always get it up from the touch of the younger kind."

Amusing Knack anecdote: Quentin Tarantino wanted to use My Sharona for the sodomy scene in Pulp Fiction. Check out this quote:

THR: Have you ever been turned down in a song request?

Tarantino: Yeah, there's one song where that happened, but it all actually worked out for the best because (the use of the song) was a little too jokey, and I don't like using a song to a particularly jokey effect; a lot of people do that, and I don't like it. But I have weak flesh from time to time and think it's a good idea, too. The one time I was going to go for it, they didn't let me have it, and I thank them for it.

THR: It saved you from yourself?

Tarantino: Yes, exactly. Actually, it was the ("Pulp Fiction") scene where Marsellus was dragged into the back room by Zed and Maynard. ... You might remember they put on some music as they sodomized him. The song that I originally wanted to use was the Knack's "My Sharona," but the thing about it was that right at that time when I wanted "My Sharona," they were choosing between (licensing it for 1994's) "Reality Bites" and "Pulp Fiction," and they chose "Reality Bites."

THR: What reason did they give?

Tarantino: (Laughs) Well, I think it was the fact that it was a sodomy scene in this weird, crazy movie by this guy they'd never heard before.