aberdeen-music

cubasis questioney type stuff. help i guess.

CaptainWow

Okay, here's the dealio, I just installed this thing called cubasis vst 5 in me computer and wavelab lite. I have no idea how to use either or what I need to be able to use them. I don't have an instrument to record with and I don't know if i need anything like a media card or something or whatever to use it.... Okay, I think it's a little clear that I have no idea what I'm talking about. So any advice or tips or just general knowledge about the thing would be grand cos I'm stumped. hehe. THANKS!!!!:gringo:

it depends what you want to do really.

cubasis is a sequencer - that is, it lets you record MIDI data, which it will then send turn into sounds that you have selected for each track - that could be a VST (e.g. something that makes synth sounds, or drum sounds, or guitar tones) or it could be a soundcard's (e.g. the soundblaster live) soundfont banks.

have a google for cubasis / cubase tutorials.

do you have a MIDI keyboard or other MIDI input device? if not you will probably find the program a little tedious and uninspiring to use.

you should be able to make sounds come out of cubasis with just the program itself and a few VSTs.

Okay' date=' here's the dealio, I just installed this thing called cubasis vst 5 in me computer and wavelab lite. I have no idea how to use either or what I need to be able to use them. I don't have an instrument to record with and I don't know if i need anything like a media card or something or whatever to use it.... Okay, I think it's a little clear that I have no idea what I'm talking about. So any advice or tips or just general knowledge about the thing would be grand cos I'm stumped. hehe. THANKS!!!!:gringo:[/quote']

why did you install it?

Guest lime ruined my life

Seeing as you don't have any real audio then wavelab is a bit pointless as it is a wave editing program designed to edit audio files either on your pc or recorded via your soundcards input.

With cubasis you can open up some synths and program in a melody, you can also open up a sampler and program in beats or cut up samples. You'd need audio files first though...

why did you install it?

I'd have to agree with this, perhaps you should go to google and look for some tutorials, then post more specific questions when you've figured it out a bit more.