aberdeen-music

Bruce Dickinson Back On Radio:

HAREMSCARY

Hey just thought i'd tell you guys

BRUCE DICKINSON BACK ON RADIO:

Next Thursday (the 13th July), Bruce Dickinson returns to BBC Radio 2 for 6 weeks with the fifth series of "Masters Of Rock" at 2100 UK time. Over the run of the 6 weeks, not only will he be playing classic rock from the likes of AC/DC, Heart, Black Crowes, Cheap Trick and Van Halen, to new bands like Lostprophets, AFI, Rye Coalition, Coheed And Cambria and Wolfmother to obscurities from the likes of Alcatrazz, Stryper, Loudness and others. There will also be exclusive new interviews from the following:

13th July - Phill Collen of Def Leppard

20th July - Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top

27th July - Andy Cairns from Therapy?

3rd August - Adam Carey and Maynard Keenan from Tool

10th August - Tom Morello from Audioslave

17th August - Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament and Matt Cameron from Pearl Jam

You can hear the show live in the UK on BBC Radio 2 88-91FM, or anywhere else worldwide via live streaming at www.bbc.co.uk/radio2, and you can listen to each show for a week via the Listen Again feature on the Radio 2 website.

Daz

Thats cool, especially the Tool interview, will certainly be tuning in for that.

God bless the listen again feature, as it appears to be being aired at the same time as our weekly practice.

One thing tho, will it be Adam Jones or Danny Carey joining him in the studio :p

All the same, Cheers Daz, thats ace!

That is excellent news - I will endeavour to catch this.

Billy Gibbons interview means the new ZZ Top album can't be far away - superb. Can't wait for that so hopefully hear some new stuff. Morello as well! If he had Eddie VH on as well that be my favourite 3 guitarists!

Dickinson was the only guy I listened to when I discovered rock music in 1995. I've still got the tape of Terrorvision getting so drunk they can't even talk while they were "in session." Classic. And Wildhearts live from Donnington with the Krusher intorducing them - brilliant stuff.

Dickinson is an oft underrated broadcaster - I'm nae huge on Maiden but I think Bruce is a bit of a legend.

Will look forward to this.

Cheers for the info.