aberdeen-music

Help!

shaun

I have a Tanglewood TW45NS acoustic and it's a great guitar, it's an electro-acoustic. Recently, after resting my arm over the bridge have I been getting electric shock which fucking hurts. This has happened about 8 times now! It's not an old guitar, about a year or 2.

Any ideas on what's happening?

Should I take it to a guitar tech or something?

Thanks.

Originally posted by =ShaunF=:

Yeh, it has a battery and I usually get shocked when it's not plugged into my amp.

That's weird. 9V DC shouldn't be giving you much of a shock, as you'll know if you've ever put a 9V battery on your tounge.

Check the 13 amp plug on your amp just to be on the safe side. My first thought was a dodgy earth.

Originally posted by =ShaunF=:

Ok, thanks for all the help.

Check your 13 amp please. I've been paranoid about this ever since I was the first bass player to play a venue after the last one died on stage. They never told me until 5 mins before we started. Bastards!

This was before the days of RCDs, but nevertheless, check your plugs.

(I love RCDs, they've saved my life at least twice, all hail RCDs)

RCDs rule. It sound like you have a bad earth. I would guess in your amp, so do as Ian says and check it NOW!

I use a Tanglewood accoustic as well and it's possible with phospor bronze strings to pick up static from the surrounding area with can spark a bit. But it's usually not painfull.