aberdeen-music

Fret Buzz

Uncle Mog

I've got a 12 string acoustic that has started buzzing on the 1st and 2nd frets and slightly on the 3rd but only the top E and bottom E strings. It stops buzzing if you flex the neck a bit but this obviously isn't practical when playing it. My dad thinks it could be it needs a truss rod adjustment but he's not sure. Anyone got any ideas?

Guest lime ruined my life
I've got a 12 string acoustic that has started buzzing on the 1st and 2nd frets and slightly on the 3rd but only the top E and bottom E strings. It stops buzzing if you flex the neck a bit but this obviously isn't practical when playing it. My dad thinks it could be it needs a truss rod adjustment but he's not sure. Anyone got any ideas?

sounds very possible.

There's only one on this one thankfully' date=' it was about 250 quid when I got it so not too expensive a guitar. Anyone got any tips on how to do a truss rod adjustment (a decent web guide or something) or would it be best left to the professionals?[/quote']

Project guitar is sensaaaaaaaaaaaaaaational

Guest lime ruined my life

Personally i wouldn't pay to get this done, it's an easy/simple but potentially risky procedure if you get it wrong. There's all those scare stories of necks coming off mid set and the guitarist ending up in hospital, although i think they are mostly just rumours.

http://mysite.verizon.net/jazz.guitar/guitarsetup.htm

good luck