aberdeen-music

WANTED : Epiphone Les Paul

Diesel

I'm looking for a decent Epiphone Les Paul to use for practice.

I've been playing a Strat for years and have recently bought a Les Paul Standard which I intend to keep in mint condition and only use for recording and special gigs.

Therefore, in order to get use to the difference (particularly the weight and balance o_O ), I'm looking for a half-decent Epi for practicing & jamming.

I'm out of town from tonight, but have access to the 'Net, so if anyone is looking to sell within the next 10 days or so, then please drop me a PM.

Ta.

DZL

Guest DustyDeviada
I'm looking for a decent Epiphone Les Paul to use for practice.

I've been playing a Strat for years and have recently bought a Les Paul Standard which I intend to keep in mint condition and only use for recording and special gigs.

Therefore' date=' in order to get use to the difference (particularly the weight and balance o_O ), I'm looking for a half-decent Epi for practicing & jamming.

I'm out of town from tonight, but have access to the 'Net, so if anyone is looking to sell within the next 10 days or so, then please drop me a PM.

Ta.

DZL[/quote']

While I can totally see the desire to save the Gibson for special ocassions, my own philosophy is this - life's too short to play an Epiphone when you have a real Gibson!

My guitars cost me a fortune and I love and cherish them and do my best to keep them immaculate, but ultimately they are made to be played. It hurts when you get the first ding, but you get over it!

Each....

While I can totally see the desire to save the Gibson for special ocassions' date=' my own philosophy is this - life's too short to play an Epiphone when you have a real Gibson!

My guitars cost me a fortune and I love and cherish them and do my best to keep them immaculate, but ultimately they are made to be played. It hurts when you get the first ding, but you get over it![/quote']

Each to his/her own - that's my philosophy (except when I'm gobshiting about chavs/soaps/reality tv/game shows/manufactured chart acts and anything else that gets up ma hooter - then I get all obnoxious and opinionated :laughing: ).

I want an Epi for the same reasons I wear old jeans when gardening rather than ruin my expensive Diesels (any other members got their own personalised brand of kex :laughing: )...or like the older Impreza I bought for the winter, so I didn't f*** up my Boxster o_O.

For me, some things are meant to be looked after and others are more dispensable :up:

DZL

I'm in IT Management (software development) and have been for 15+ years (old fart) - I got in while it was red hot and I contracted for years. Spent some time abroad too.

DZL

ideal! i take it you started in front of a screen and moved up to stand behind people sitting in front of screens cos 15 years of coding would be enough to make anyone want to die :D

/x

:laughing:

ideal! i take it you started in front of a screen and moved up to stand behind people sitting in front of screens cos 15 years of coding would be enough to make anyone want to die :D

/x

I hear that bro' :up:

Yes, I started as a code monkey, then developed a balanced-tree multi-user database engine and API for those who didn't want to spend a fortune on Ingres & Oracle, got some sweet contracts on that back of it and now I'm a pen-pusher so far removed from the technology that I need to get Internal Services to boot up my laptop for me :laughing:

Shamefully, I was also one of the Glasgow Barras "distributors" of ST & Amiga software in the 80's - ah, the good old days. They founded FAST especially for us. I got out long before it got ugly, although I was the best-fed and best-heeled student at Uni for a while :laughing: The po-faced head of department had 15-year-old Vauxhall Viva, I had a new XR3i - it really used to piss him off "How can you afford that on your grant??" :laughing:

Oh, I'm all misty-eyed with nostalgia and it's getting me nae nearer tae ma Epi.

DZL