aberdeen-music

Red Lights Flash (A-F Records), Phinius Gage, Quik, At Long Last, 3 Times Round

kirkt

I should be used to it by now though the fact that people left after local bands is appalling, especially when they paid £6 and they missed the best band in Europe today. What is the point? There is no excuse really cos I managed to get last bus.

I guess it's something that will never be fully known. I was out in plenty of time for the 2nd last bus home for goodness sake. I had a funny MySpace message in reply to the bulletin I put out for it along the lines of "I'm not going to the Weapon gig and want to go to this but 6?! GUUUUUTED." 6 for 5 bands... one from Austria, one up from Brighton. It's not that much to ask of anyone.

I had a fantastic time. Didn't realise 3 Times Round Would've been on so sharp so only cought the last few songs. Quite impressed. Catchy tunes and played quite well. Hadn't seen At Long Last for a good few months when they were quite sloppy. I didn't enjoy the set too much but it was obvious Jason wasn't feeling too good. It's not the kind of sound I listen to much, particularly the lead vocal style but there's many good ideas in there. Quik were a joy as always. The newest songs fairly get my approval and the oldies were on form as usual.

But Phinius Gage and Red Lights Flash took the gig up a good few notches. Both fantastic, tight, melodic. A joy to watch. Like you said Kirk, I don't get why people don't stick around. Even only a few of the support band members seemed to have stayed for PG and RLF. Their loss.