aberdeen-music

New Tune!

Chi 666

this was recorded in the lock up before it got closed, yeah? i remember you saying you were doing some track-by track stuff....was this it? thats how we did our mp3s too, www.myspace.com/secondthoughtrock (shameless plug :p) to see our end result....it took us ages, on account of my computer being shit! it won't be your thing, and this isnt really my thing but i'm impartial with feedback, so don't worry :)

onto the song -

the riff is cool, it's a very groovey song,( maybe in the vein of later pantera with a hint of deep purple in there)and i like how the song speeds up for the lead part mid-way. the drummer has some pretty cool ideas during the verse, and the stop just before the last chorus is a good use of dynamic aswell. i was waiting for a bitching solo over the verse riff somewhere, but alas i was disappointed:P the chorus has a lot of power in there too but the mixing lets it down on most counts. but this song has a lot of potential - if this was done in a good studio it could sound huge!

i know it's pretty hard to mix up a drum kit with the limited resources down there, and it shows - can hardly hear any cymbals, the drums should be a good bit louder in general - as should the bass. i know metallica mixed out the bass for AJFA, but no other band should ;).

the vocals during the first verses don't seem to have enough "oomph" in them - i dont know if this is how you meant for it to sound or not, but it detracts from the overall sound the way it is just now. perhaps making them a touch louder in the mix would help? also maybe tweaking the EQ to bring them out a little.

i know it's only a rough demo, mind, thats exactly what ours are meant to be, i wont judge your band on this demo, but the other two songs on your myspace are perhaps a little stronger! again that might be because of the production...just my two cents! hope you found this constructive.