aberdeen-music

Anyone fancy a trip to Glasgow?

Aileen

To all band members, musicians, etc etc

I went to a gig on Thursday in this really random and obscure venue in Glasgow, it's this warehouse type thing in the middle of an industrial estate near the SECC but it's a damn good venue, it's very very cool indeed, really good acoustics, good size, nice set up. I would strongly recommend that if any of you are planning to tour Scotland, or gig down in Glasgow that you try and get yourself a gig there. I spoke to the manager dude so I could pass on contact details to all you lot, which I will have to post later cos I dont have them on me right now but defo bear it in mind!!!!

Hope to see you all down here some time soon

Aileen xx

Ok so here's the crack...

The venue is Soundhaus at 47 Hydepark Street, Glasgow

Contact Chris on 07967778383 or email chris@soundhaus.co.uk

Chris is the manager dude that I spoke to, he seems pretty cool and is happy to have bands from Aberdeen play ensuring that they can guarantee a good crowd, because the venue is fairly remote it's not like random punters would just be rolling in off the street so if you're gonna try and get yourself a gig there you'll defo need to do some good PR prior to the date. Also, I asked him about bands whose members are underage and he reckon he would have issues with that given that underage bands tend to attract underage crowds, but it's worth getting in touch with him anyway, just see what he says, he might be able to recommend some other venues that wouldnt have a problem with it.

Hope this helps folks, give it a shot!!

Aileen x