aberdeen-music

Firewall help

bladeola

ok, really need some help here. im using my dads laptop while we are away in england for a few days over xmas. the server is obviously his company one. I cant get on myspace.com (i'll live haha) but i'd really find it useful to get on MSN messenger. I cant get onto the download page even for web messenger. It keep shooting it back as denied "chat content" or whatever. I can get on the MSN.com home page...but thats it.

any ideas or am i screwed?

Guest onlynik

A little more info would help, it could be that you're connecting through a proxy server. Try changing these settings, write them down cause you'll need to put it back for your old man.

Are you dialling up to an ISP or connecting to the companies dial in server?

Guest onlynik

I don't think there is anything you can do as the internet you are recieving is coming from your fathers company. Thus the content passes thorugh his company before coming to you.

The only way round this I can see would be to use a dial up connection to an ISP which will cost you, or the phone bill payer local call rates.

You can use freeisp

Dial Up Number: 0844 711 0059

Username: free@internet

Password: internet

Hope this helps.

Nik

Guest Tam o' Shantie

go to your LAN setitngs, and to the 'bypass proxy server' button. if you enter the adressof web messenger, you shall connect locally to this aderess. if using web messagner it may be useful to donate * where there is an unspecified address, for example. *.webmessenger.* to take care of all the addresses. merry chirmbo ben