aberdeen-music

Music Awards

Emilio Largo

This really pisses me off, and i'm sorry to talk about 'pop.'

How someone who had one popular hit and a couple of average other singles can get crowned best international female, i'm talking about Beyonce Knowles.

She had a number one hit with her first single, i forget its name, but it was shit, it sold cos of who the performer was, not cos the song. Her second single, 'crazy in love' was a good catchy pop song, i can understand that being a hit, her next single 'baby boy' was an awful song with Sean Paul. It made little impact.

So i find it strange how off the back of one song she gets crowned best female?

When you have other female artists who have been for more successful, this after all is a pop chart award. You have madonna and miss aguilera making better songs and have a more profound impact on the charts.

I have nothing against Beyonce, it just pisses me off how she lives off the back of one feckign song!!!

What awards is this? The Brit awards?

Basically mate any kind of awards are a farce unless they're voted for by the public but even then we wouldn't be happy. All the stuff like the Oscars and the Baftas and the Brits are voted for by a load of people high up in the music or film industry and their vote can usually be swung by the amount of free stuff a record company or studio will send their way. Ignore it. Awards are shit unless they're voted for by the public. In my humble opinion, of course.

Originally posted by PrincessHolly:

What awards is this? The Brit awards?

Basically mate any kind of awards are a farce unless they're voted for by the public but even then we wouldn't be happy. All the stuff like the Oscars and the Baftas and the Brits are voted for by a load of people high up in the music or film industry and their vote can usually be swung by the amount of free stuff a record company or studio will send their way. Ignore it. Awards are shit unless they're voted for by the public. In my humble opinion, of course.

what your saying is correct, but i can still rant :)

Guest The Voyeur
Originally posted by Mr Cat:

This really pisses me off, and i'm sorry to talk about 'pop.'

How someone who had one popular hit and a couple of average other singles can get crowned best international female, i'm talking about Beyonce Knowles.

She had a number one hit with her first single, i forget its name, but it was shit, it sold cos of who the performer was, not cos the song. Her second single, 'crazy in love' was a good catchy pop song, i can understand that being a hit, her next single 'baby boy' was an awful song with Sean Paul. It made little impact.

So i find it strange how off the back of one song she gets crowned best female?

When you have other female artists who have been for more successful, this after all is a pop chart award. You have madonna and miss aguilera making better songs and have a more profound impact on the charts.

I have nothing against Beyonce, it just pisses me off how she lives off the back of one feckign song!!!

I loved how 'Crazy in Love', arguably the best song of the decade thus far, transformed her into a global superstar. She looks absolutely fantastic and her re-working of 'in da club' was cool and I would say that Beyonce has more glamour and soul than the majority of other female artists. Crazy in Love was so good that Beyonce deserved all of her international awards. People will still be dancing to that in ten years time, its up there with Billie Jean and Like A Virgin.

Hmm... The most successful girl of one of the most successful girl groups of all time...one of the best-selling singles of the decade so far... many amazing live performances...sold out tour... undeniably talented singer... now, who was she up against? Who would you say was a better performer in the last year?

I'd say it was deserved.

Guest Stephanie
Originally posted by Mr Cat:

She had a number one hit with her first single, i forget its name, but it was shit, it sold cos of who the performer was, not cos the song.

Bonnie and Clyde '03 feat. Jay-Z was a great song!

Me and my boyfriend...

Me and my boyfriend...

How I loved that song. :O

Guest Neubeatz

Aye , Beyonce, She has been aboot abit as they say, go back a couple(3-4)years and find her frontin' Destinys Child???

Anyway she has thunder thighs and a big ass, so she wont last in the fickle world of pop, but I'm shure she'll continue to be a successful performing artiste,

Brass section on "Crazy" was one of the best riffs on a pop tune for ages.

Originally posted by PrincessHolly:

Basically mate any kind of awards are a farce unless they're voted for by the public

Like the fudge awards? When the fuck did the public ever get it right?