aberdeen-music

How shit is this forum? Funkin' hell.

Guest MarkJDelaney

Guest MarkJDelaney

I didn't ask for anything ILLEGAL or SCARY, you mods. I asked for a font, which I wasn't aware was a must-pay-for and go-to-hell-for-asking type of question.

You automatically close a thread if it even treads on and near your little rules. How about letting me know it probably won't be available for nothing. But maybe some has bought the font and would like to send me it out of good will, and let the thread continue with some discussion. People could have even suggested a freeware alternative to the font, but no. You didn't think about that.

It's all too easy to click once to lock a thread and not have to deal with a thing.

Lighten up, for 'k sake.

You did ask for something illegal. You asked for someone to provide you with a free copy of a commercially available font. Which is a breach of copyright law. Frankly I don't for a minute think you didn't know that font was only available for commercial purchase. You're never came across as particuarly naive about online affairs before so I doubt you've suddenly became so now.

Sorry for closing the thread, but as it is a thread specifically asking for a commercial product without you having to pay for it then you're asking for someone to breach copyright, which is illegal.

If I'm mistaken in my belief that the font is only available commercially, then PM me the link to a legal, free download and I'll happily apologise and re-open the thread.

If you want to find a font, just go to google...

In the search field type the font name (if you know the exact name, the better chance you have of finding it, (eg. The file name for Arial Black is ARIBLK) then include filetype:TTF so your search string would look like this..

ARIBLK filetype:TTF

Hit search, you should now find at least one site hosting the font. A great way of finding all the free fonts available. Should you find a commercial font, well we'll put that down to luck ;)

Guest MarkJDelaney

Thanks Keilan, some useful info. there.

However, someone was nice enough to e-mail me the original font I was after on a much better forum. And it's first specialty is about cars of all things.