aberdeen-music

Depeche Mode

Guest Craig

Guest Scorge Spike

Very good, but just short of great. How Dave Gahan is still alive is a bit of a puzzle. Last album was pants, but the live show was a bit better. Best album - probably Music For The Masses, though everyone seems to favour Violator.

That's all I can be arsed typing about them.

Guest highroller

im a massive DM fan and have alot of the albums...to be honest the best album and by far the darkest is "songs of faith and devotion!" I read the official bio and its an awesome book....I love DM but they really have gone MOR with that last album...exciter was it...?

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by Ben Quik:

im a massive DM fan and have alot of the albums...to be honest the best album and by far the darkest is "songs of faith and devotion!"

Only my two cents, but SOFAD was where things went a bit wrong - it sounds like they're trying to do NIN in bits, and considering they're one of the bands DM had actually pre-empted, it's not a good sign. Not a bad album at all, but not their greatest. No.

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

I love DM but they really have gone MOR with that last album...exciter was it...?

Yeah. Funny title, considering it's as dull as ditchwater. I will however reiterate just how good they are live, and that they almost made up for the shortfalls of Exciter (as well as aceing the back catalogue).