aberdeen-music

Selling Mobiles

Fluffy

I got a new mobile phone yesterday when i upgraded my contract but i am not really wanting it, so i am thinking about selling it. The new phone is a new nokia, not insured, but the woman in the shop said something about my imei number now being registerd to the new phone.

If i sell the new one, does anyone know if this has any affect on me, ie say the sold phone was stolen.

I can get about 150 for it on ebay so i am quite keen on selling it, but dont want to bugger it up.

anyone got any tips/advice?

Sorry if that made no sence, i dont really know what i am asking lol

Right, your imei number is a stock thing so it doesnt matter where your sim card ends up, BUT do make sure it works in your old phone. Because this is sometimes an issue with varied networks... Orange for example will be a nip cos they use the Imei number to register..O2, Voda, T-mob, 3G, all easy to manipulate...or at least they were when i worked at P-4-U.....

There's is (was?) an asian guy in the Aberdeen market that can unlock your phone so any sim can go in any phone, incase you hae Orange, this guy also will give you a decent price for your mobby, but he's a haggler, so do yer thing, E-bay works just as good, but too much competition for the same phones, everyone seems to do what your doing, and why not.. you basically pay for these 300 phones in installments, then get to keep it when you upgrade.

Insurance is a waste of time for anyone, they seem to change their policy as they wish..

Tip: When you next upgrade don't just succumb to them, they need your buisness to earn commision and they dont give a fuck how much they screw over their company, and they have the power to get you heaps of free accessories (all-be-it on the sly, but they will), plus at the very least 50.00 off, plus bluetooth etc etc....Good thing to say to them when you upgrade/or even if your starting a new contract is that youve had a better offer from a rival company but your shopping around for the best deal etc, but you must be going for a decent priced contract 40+ so you have their attention (this can be lowered when you get home to as low as 15 a month, you will need to take the insurance that can be cancelled straight away, it up's the salesman's commision, even better tip, is to even go for their in-store landline company, again cancel staright away as this really is a con, despite it seeming quite a good deal). Make sure you pick the weakest salesman obviously and haggle like a motherfucker.

But yeah, contracts are the way forward- their is so much competition out there atm,the prices keep on getting lower.

Avoid a guy named Paul dewars on union st. P-4-U, he thinks of himself as a pro seller, and will fuck you over on a whim.

But dont take all this for granted, It's just a suggestion...at the end of the day it's your call..Ha see what I did there.

Hope this helps :rockon: