aberdeen-music

The Links Directory

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

well well well.

Its amazing to think that the idea for a Links Directory was effectively stolen from a post a couple of weeks back.

The idea behind a directory system for bands to communicate easier AND with this audacious tagline: Don't forget that there is a comprehensive local venue directory right here on aberdeen-music.com!

wow, next time I come up with a tiny idea and am looking for innocent feedback, I know where I WONT be posting it.

What are you going on about? The venue directory and links directory are sections of the web site that I have talked about putting on this web site for years. I've touched on this fact in a few posts over the years and one example is in this thread from December, 2003:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5716

Although no doubt you won't believe me I've never seen that post you linked to before until now. And quite frankly, I would say that KatyS idea for a web site is pretty much describing what the AUBL web site does (the AUBL band pages in particular). So who is stealing ideas now?

There is very little you can do on the web now that hasn't already been done on a thousand other web sites. I'm not the first web site to have a venue directory nor am I the first to have a links directory. But I think they will prove to be both worthwhile additions to this web site over time. The only reason they have been integrated into the web site just now is primarly thanks to me becoming single again and having more spare time! There is certainly lots more new content on the way (that I've stolen from other people's ideas of course).

In the future you would do well to get your facts straight before making accusations like that.