aberdeen-music

The best guitar polish in the world... ever!

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

Thought I would give a plug for Virtuoso Polish

I picked some up in the States recently, but you can also order it online.

This stuff is amazing. It has made my guitars look, and more importantly feel, like brand new. The necks are so smooth now, it really is amazing.

I should add the caveat that I have only used it on my nitro finished guitars so far, but no doubt it works well on poly too.

Previously I had used a Martin guitar polish from Bruce Millers, but that stuff is complete crap compared to this. Buy some!

Edit: Should add that they make cleaner and polish - I've had amazing results from just using the cleaner.

Guest DustyDeviada

Guitars with nitro finishes (most Gibsons, Martins, certain Fenders such as US vintage reissues) are very vulnerable, nitro can get worn off by guitar stands, every Gibson comes with a leaflet warning you about this.

So while it may be cheaper, if you have spent x00 on an expensive guitar, the Mr Muscle mixed with vinegar combo may be something of a false economy if it removes the finish from your guitar.

Guitars with nitro finishes (most Gibsons' date=' Martins, certain Fenders such as US vintage reissues) are very vulnerable, nitro can get worn off by guitar stands, every Gibson comes with a leaflet warning you about this.

So while it may be cheaper, if you have spent x00 on an expensive guitar, the Mr Muscle mixed with vinegar combo may be something of a false economy if it removes the finish from your guitar.[/quote']

yea thats quite true. id still recommend the mr muscle for non-nitro finishes tho. of course it doesnt matter how shiny your guitar is if you can't play it!

Guest DustyDeviada
of course it doesnt matter how shiny your guitar is if you can't play it!

Indeed, but Virtuoso made the neck of my guitars so smooth and glassy that it made it easier and more pleasant to play, so worth doing.