aberdeen-music

>>> Advice Needed <<<

Steve_Start

Hey, I need to ask the aberdeen scene 4 sum help! :help:

My band are half way thru arranging a tour end of Aug and are having trouble with transport...

Here are our problems:

1. We are under 21 (so hiring ourselfs is out of the question)

2. There are 4 of us (so most normal vans are unavailable)

3. We will need space for all our equip.. :band:

4. Little money :down:

Ideally we'd like to have our own van and be free to tour around for 2 wks, but what has every1 else done in this situation? Do u pay 4 a driver and then rent or just try an find a 5 seater van that goes and is cheep? We know that whatever we do we'l b out of pocket, but we're hoping there are ways of coordinating the logistics of it all, that maybe some of u who are in bands have come across..?

Thanks a lot,

Steve :D

There's lots of ways to do this. First up - how much of your equipment will you have to take with you- if you can share drumkit and backline with the bands that you're playing with that cuts down on the amount of travelling space you'll need, probably just a people carrier (or a car with a top-box).

You could go to an agency, but I doubt you'd have the budget for that. Or take two cars, if you can get two drivers. You could even consider the megabus, if you dont have to take much equipment. You could always just take the chance with having people in the back of a regular van, and pray to the gods o' rock that you don't crash ;)

Good luck - it's a fucking nightmare, but it's worth it...