aberdeen-music

Vantage Point - Saturday 16th July @ The Moorings

Dark

My band, Vantage Point are playing the Moorings in a few weeks. It is our first gig in Aberdeen, so obviously not many people will know anything about us. So to hopefully get some people interested I am offering a free two track CD to anyone that wants one. Just send me an e:mail at, admin@vantage-point.info and I will get one sent up to you.

We are from Edinburgh and are basically a traditional Metal band, influenced by the likes of Priest and Maiden. You can find out more at ourwebsite and you can hear our songs from our myspace site if you would prefer to download as opposed to getting a CD.

What others have said about us:

From the chunky riffing of Motor Man, which actually features the words pedal to the metal through the mid-tempo, melodic, Save Me onto the full blown Priest like histrionics of High Plains Drifter, I enjoyed every moment. Metaluk.com

Heavy metal like this seems to be missing from the world of metal today- more is needed!! Metalzine Machine

Bassist and singer Murray has that classic Biff Byford combination of thunking bass and triumphant metal arm gestures down to a T, whilst the guitarists content themselves with striking axeman poses in the background. In fact never before have I seen quite so much heavy metal posturing squeezed into such a tiny space. Elaine MacIntyre.net

Hope to see some of you on the 16th.

Cheers.

James.

Really looking forward to it!

We have two Marshall 4x12 angle cabs - so no need to lug any cabs along. We also have a one Marshall DCL 100W head that you are welcome to use (from your webpage looks to be exactly the same as your heads). Also due to arrive within the next 2 weeks is an Engel Powerball 100W head and you are also welcome to use that should you so desire.

The house drum kit and bass rig are manditory. The drumkit is a 5 piece in good nick. Feel free to bring along your own snare and cymbals plus any additional cymbal stand. We have a really nice double kick pedal already. The bass rig is a Ampeg SVT PRO 300W valve unit with a 4x10 cab, kind of the top trumph of bass rigs.

Hope this helps.

really looking forward to this too. good excuse to see the big bro too!

believe you guys will be crashing at mine' date=' are you's coming up firday or the saturday? dave's a pile o' crap keeping me posted.[/quote']

Alright,

Yeah we are looking forward to it. We are staying over in Dundee on the Friday night. Save driving up after a gig there. No idea what time we will make it up on Saturday, depends how quickly we can all get it together in the morning!!

See you Saturday,

Cheers.

Alright' date='

Yeah we are looking forward to it. We are staying over in Dundee on the Friday night. Save driving up after a gig there. No idea what time we will make it up on Saturday, depends how quickly we can all get it together in the morning!!

See you Saturday,

Cheers.[/quote']

Well if we're clubbing after the gig on Friday :rockon: I could be persuaded, if asked nicely set the alarm for 6.30am, and will wake you up gently with a nice bowl of healthy weetabix perhaps!!!!!! :D

Forthcoming SAZ gigs:

Friday 15th July @ The Doghouse, Brown Street, Dundee with FIREBRAND, VANTAGE POINT & PHANTOM RIFFAGE

Sunday 24th July @ The Tunnels, Carnegies Brae, Aberdeen with OPEN AIR & CORONA

Saturday 27th August @ The Barcode, Canal Street, Perth with VANTAGE POINT, PHANTOM RIFFAGE & FIREBRAND

Vantage Point were fuckin awesome. Please have them back again. I particularily liked the second last tune what is it's title?

Depends as we finished with two songs played together, which was our own song, Save Me and the only cover we do, Priest's Hell Bent For Leather.

But I suspect you mean the song before that, as you asked us whether it was our own song after we played it, that was, Just When I Wasn't Lookin. Let us know how well the recording of it turned out.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Vantage Point were fuckin awesome. Please have them back again. I particularily liked the second last tune what is it's title?

Well I am pleased to say that we will be playing at the Moorings again on the 26th of November - am looking forward to it.

Cheers,

James.