aberdeen-music

Coldplay in Dublin

jonty84

Saw Coldplay supported by Interpol in Marley Park, Dublin last night.

Fucking incredible. Interpol were fairly decent, a lot of stuff of 'Antics', obviously 'Slow Hands' and 'Obstacle 1' got the biggest cheers of the night. During the set, the guitarist's girlfriend came over to me and my bird who were sitting right in front of the sound desk and wanted to take a photo of us pulling. When asked why, she replied 'I just like couples'....hmm if I'd thought it through I might have been able to blag backstage :D ....

Anyway, Coldplay were totally immense, opened with 'Square One', then into 'Politik' and then into 'Yellow'. Really intense live, amazing lighting and fairly decent sound. All the band members play different instruments throughout the set, and the intro to 'Clocks' got danced up a bit, pretty amazing. They finished with 'Fix You' which is about to become such a massive anthem. Anyone else go/or going to any of the gigs in Glasgow/Crystal Palace this week?

Mike