aberdeen-music

friend's ipod problem

andrew.

right. in need of some help. :help:

whenever i try to connect my friends ipod with my computer in itunes it comes up saying something like

- this ipod is linked to another itunes library. do you want to change this link and replace all the existing songs and playlists on this ipod with those from this library -

as i dont want to scrap all his songs from his ipod, i click no, and then it doesn't let you do anything to the songs on his ipod. As in you cant listen, change or add to anything on it.

is there any way to access his ipod, so i can add the songs from my library into it, or can it only work on his original computer?

thanks

andrew.

i think with ipods they can only be registered to one computer at a time. so that you arent sharing files. cause if im right you have to pay for the songs or upload them yourself... but if you go round putting other peoples songs on your ipod then you are breaking copyright or whatever cause you only paid the rights for the song once.... so can only use it yourself..... if that makes sense?

Guest scott cs.

this happened to me too when i first got my iPod and was using my pc and my girlfriend's laptop. it's easy to sort:

go into iTunes

Edit -> Prefrences

click on iPod tab

and select Manually manage songs and playlists.

that should do it.

Guest Keira

this is the bigass cheat way..

Connect your iPod to the PC, stop it from syncing.

1. Enter Edit > Preferences from the top menu, and select the iPod tab

2. Click the General Tab (within a tab), and check 'Enable Disk Use'

3. Your ipod should remount, after a minute go into My Computer.

4. From the menu click Tools > Folder Options, then 'View' tab.

5. Check the Radio Button, show hidden folders.

6. Click OK to return to My Computer. Double click the iPod drive.

7. Double click the folder iPod_Control, the colour will be different as it is normally hidden.

8. Select the folder 'Music' by clicking once, right click and select copy.

9. Return to your desktop and right click and select paste.

10. Your music is now copying. Once copied right click and select properties on the folder.

11. iTunes doesnt like read-only/hidden folders so uncheck 'Read Only' and 'Hidden' at the bottom.

12. Back in iTunes go to Edit > Preferences, and select 'Advanced' tab.

13. Check the box 'Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library'

14. Click OK to close the preferences window once again

15. Click File > Add folder to library, and select the folder 'Music' on your desktop,

16. Click OK and watch all your music copy back into your iTunes library.

..yup

but you have to remember to change your ipod settings on itunes to "manual"!

I had a pretty weird experience with my iPod a while ago. All of a sudden it wouldn't turn on and whenever you touched a button it would hiss like a snake from the back of the iPod. So i got apple to send me a box and everything so i could send it away to get it sorted. Then the night before i send it have a dream that i tryed it and it was working, so i tryed it the next day when i woke up and it worked fine, after about 5 days of not turning on and sitting in its charger. It was BIZARRE