aberdeen-music

Midge Ure

Midge Ure plus support

Friday 16th September The Lemon Tree

Tickets 16.50 (11 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 7.30pm

Show Starts: 8pm

Midge Ure really needs no introductions; his career speaks for itself. Grammys, Ivor Novellos, BASCAPs, gold and platinum discs and a variety of other accolades, can all grace his 'mantelpiece'.

This year is the 20th anniversary of Band Aid, and unlike many other artists, his career has not only survived that epoch, but continues to go from strength to strength. Midge is the master of re-invention, secure in the knowledge that there will always be a market for a good song, sung with passion! Equally comfortable in a variety of formats, this time he has chosen to perform an intimate acoustic show combining a selection of his own hits from Vienna via If I Was to Dancing with Tears In My Eyes, with some of his favourite songs by other artists such as Queen, Travis and Fleetwood Mac.

The 'Uncovered' show gives him chance to explore his musical roots and share some of the anecdotes and journeys that his career has followed. Like the man himself, it does what it says on the tin....

Midge Ure plus support

Friday 16th September The Lemon Tree

Tickets 16.50 (11 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 7.30pm

Show Starts: 8pm

Midge Ure really needs no introductions; his career speaks for itself. Grammys' date=' Ivor Novellos, BASCAPs, gold and platinum discs and a variety of other accolades, can all grace his 'mantelpiece'.

This year is the 20th anniversary of Band Aid, and unlike many other artists, his career has not only survived that epoch, but continues to go from strength to strength. Midge is the master of re-invention, secure in the knowledge that there will always be a market for a good song, sung with passion! Equally comfortable in a variety of formats, this time he has chosen to perform an intimate acoustic show combining a selection of his own hits from Vienna via If I Was to Dancing with Tears In My Eyes, with some of his favourite songs by other artists such as Queen, Travis and Fleetwood Mac.

The 'Uncovered' show gives him chance to explore his musical roots and share some of the anecdotes and journeys that his career has followed. Like the man himself, it does what it says on the tin....[/quote']

Having seen this show several times on this tour I really recommend it. A great performer with a great pedigree, then again I would be saying that I'm doing his merch on the night :p

Well worth the trip,

Cheers

Stuart