aberdeen-music

Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny Of Souls!

Mick Maverik

Hey has anyone else bought this? I just found out it had been released last week, and bought it the other day! It's fantastic, his best to date! I'm serious, Bruce and Roy have gone all out on this one! Bruce is undoubtedly at his peak, and even a collaberative effort with Maiden would be hard pushed to better this! Anyone else have it? Any thoughts?

~Andy

It took a bit of getting into for me... I'm really really digging Kill Devil Hill, River of No Return, Power of the Sun and the title track. But Navigate the Seas of the Sun is a big waste of time for me which just seems to repeat itself forever and ever without actually reaching any interesting bit.

I don't think I like it as much as the last two Bruce albums, but it's still very enjoyable. :rockon:

Really? I was the other way round. It took a little time for "Chemical Wedding" to grow on me, but I love it now. This one on the other hand, I loved it after the 1st listen! Of the 9 full tracks, I can say I loved 7 of them 1st time around! Only two tracks on the album didn't really grab me as much, the title track and one other, perhaps the one you mentioned (I don't count the intro as a track)?

~Andy

*also on a side note, anyone have any of the re-masters with bonus material? I was thinking about getting accident of birth, but wondered if they have fixed the annoyance of tracks running into one another?*

Just got the re-master of "Chemical Wedding", it's fantastic! And the bonus tracks are actually really good! I really don't know why "Return Of The King" and "Real World" never made the original album! I'd have quite happily chucked "Machine Men" or "Trumpets Of Jericho" for them! Recommend to all Metal fans. If you have the original, it's still worth it for the 3 new tracks and sound quality.

Andy

I bought the Balls to Picasso remaster yesterday mainly for the bonus disc' date=' which has a song called the Breeding House on it which rocketh mine sockeths. I also bought the first Skid Row album :D[/quote']

I think I'll buy that as well, I love Balls To Picasso. I own all of Skid Row's albums, they fuckin' rock! Well, at least they did..... "Thick Skin" :puke: