aberdeen-music

Power Drummer Now!!

Christhemusician

Power Drummer Needed Now For Serious Band!!

If you play like CHAD SMITH or BRAD WILK and can blast out solos on your tubs like JOHN BONHAM you need to be in THE GARCIAS .

:gringo::gringo::gringo::gringo::gringo::gringo::gringo::gringo::gringo::gringo:

I am a locally based singer and songwriter who has been playing in a Glasgow, 5 piece DIRTY DISCO band (a genre that failed to fly) Latitude, for the past 5 years who are about to take a sabbatical. I am looking to form a 3 piece band here in Aberdeen which would allow me to have more guitar space and more writting room. I currently have to play second fiddle a lot down south as our other vocalist can't play guitar and our other guitarist can't sing so I get dumpped somewhere in the middle of frontman/lead guitar but I'd rather (and have been told to) do both myself.

Bass is taken care of but finding a POWER DRUMMER is proving harder than expected.

Interested or know anyone who may be? let me know a.s.a.p. as we are planning on a quick take off.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to the above

Influences for the band are:

Led Zep, Beatles, Green Day, Beta Band, Chilis, Roses and anything else that rocks.

The material is there waiting, all we need is a talented, original and committed drummer looking to put fresh input into the project. There is a lot of space to develop your own style within this band and nothing is set in stone.

New emo/indie influences are welcome as are more heavy rock, the most important thing is versatility and an ability to play 'outside the box'. Everyone wants to be original and not just copy the last ten bands you heard or covers you learnt.

If you are considering drumming for another 'off the shelf' metal band then think again, why not embrace blues/jazz/punk influences and reform them into something truley groundbreaking?

Gigs, promo and most of all commitment is already in place. Are you what the world is waiting for? Then get in touch!

:band:

Do you have contact details of this Andrew of which you speak? I like the name VoodooChild, is he a little Mitch Mitchel in the making?

The material we are putting together is quite spacious instrumentally in the sence there is only one guitar rather than the increasingly common two or even three. We are trying to convey skilled music and in Aberdeen's little venues carity is of the upmost importance to achieve this. I have seen to many band where the guitar is doing a killer lead line only to be lots amoungst a wall of mediocore sound from the rest of the band.

The mark of a good musician isn't the speed you play or how loud you are but the contribution you make to the music. If a song only requires you to play 2 notes throughout the whole thing then play two notes well and make it look good. There will be other occasions where you are going to be playing at breakneck speed and people will say "Whoa! Where the hell did that come from? Awesome!"

Saying that the stuff we have is generally pretty loud and often pretty damn fast too so a quality drummer will definutly not be bored if they want to hit the skins like a madman. :rockon:

Definately up for a jam to see if my style matches what you are looking for - I think it will.

I'm not a 'wank-drummer' I dont try to put in far too much and make everybody hear me but am more than capable of holding my own when called upon.

Gimmie a shout and we can see if we can arrange something.

Andy.

Less can be more.

That's true and the ability to give a song something extra or take it away rests firmly on the drummers shoulders which is exactly why we are looking for someone who is confident enough to (at periods of tranquillity) almost shut up and do nothing at all.

The drums are the most important part of any band and a lot of drummers these days get stuck behind egos and wankers which is what we are avoiding like the plague.

Yes, there is space for virtuosity but when someone is so musically insecure (regardless of how much talent they have) they try to play amazing technical stuff all the time. This is when you are no longer playing to please anyone except yourself which is why we are striving to be showmen, entertainers and push to be selfless when jamming. Give everyone room to breathe otherwise you will be playing on your own in your bedroom for the rest of your life.