aberdeen-music

guitar customisers?

TheBuck

well i want to dump the stupid floating bridge and get a mustang one put in. and also take out the single coils and put in seymore duncan humbuckers. i would like to change all the wiring to more quality components to try to cut out buzz etc. do you know how much this would cost and if i would be able to do it myself? althoug i dont really trust myself with the wiring. cheers.

well i want to dump the stupid floating bridge and get a mustang one put in. and also take out the single coils and put in seymore duncan humbuckers. i would like to change all the wiring to more quality components to try to cut out buzz etc. do you know how much this would cost and if i would be able to do it myself? althoug i dont really trust myself with the wiring. cheers.

for the bridge' date=' it would be easier just blocking it off, i know there is the button on the bridge to block it one direction, and you could always block it the other way too if you felt the need (a bit more involved, but pretty easy to do)

if you still have the standard jag bridge, ou can replace the tuneomatic type part (with the saddles) with a mustang one, which is a direct replacement, and works better (there are proper grooves for the strings and whatnot)

rewiring a guitar is fairly easy as long as you know how to solder

rewiring wouldnt really get rid of buzz though, switching the singlecoils for humbuckers would help a lot, as would making sure all the electronics are sheilded properly

as for humbuckers, that would be the hardest part to do, you would need toget a new pickguard or cut the one you have to get them to fit and mount properly to it and you will also probably need to route inside the guitar to get enough space to fit them so that job would be best left to a pro

have you looked at the singlecoils sized humbuckers? they would drop right in without any need for work on the body. check out the pickups at [url']www.seymourduncan.com (under the strat section) the jb junior and lil 59 are both single sized humbuckers, and there are a couple others that might interest you like the vintage rails or duckbuckers which are voiced like singlecoils, but with no hum. using something like these would definately be a lot easier, and you can always stick back in the origonal pickups if you want and not be left with permanent mods to the guitar, check the sd site for a bit more about all the different pickups

as for costs, i have no idea, best bet is to work out exactly what you need done, then get in touch with neil at prosound (or whoever you will take it to) and ask him for a rough quote

David

hey man thanks thats a lot of help. i didnt know you could get humbuckers that are the same size as single coils. thats cool and youve probably saved me a lot of hassle and a bit of money, so if you see a ginger fucker with tattoos demand a pint! cheers dude

Guest Bailz

I'd recommend both Hot Rails and Cool Rails by Seymour Duncan. I've got a HR in the bridge position on my strat and it can give you a really harsh sound when you want it to. The CR is in the neck position and gives a very smooth sound. Really versatile pickups.

hey man thanks thats a lot of help. i didnt know you could get humbuckers that are the same size as single coils. thats cool and youve probably saved me a lot of hassle and a bit of money' date=' so if you see a ginger fucker with tattoos demand a pint! cheers dude[/quote']

i am trying to find a picture of exactly how the trem in the jag works, i know the button blocks it from raising the pitch, so if you break a string it will stay in tune, so you can partially block it, i cant find the picture to work out how hard it would be to block it fully though.

if theres anythign else i can do to help, just give me a shout

David