aberdeen-music

Unreleased Pantera song to see the light of day

Hog

I agree there's nothing morbid about this' date=' im sure as [b']morlun has said Vinnie would want his music to be heard but french_disko is quite right to question motives although by reading articles which i doubt ( sorry if im wrong ) french_disko done he would know this is to give the music to the people who'd appreciate it and not be left in a cupboard somewhere to fade away.

How much Joy Division stuff would be lost if this was done when Ian Curtis died all those years ago, you'd be left with 2 albums instead of a slightly more extensive body of work.

.... on a final note unless you've heard the tunes concerned you cant really say the musics good or bad can you? I've lost count on the times my blind faith in a band has let me down when there new album has been released :D

I'm just off to get the new Raging Speedhorn album - fingers crossed 8o

You're right, Donny, I've not read all the articles concerned & it seems evident that the others have. My initial posting was to query the timing of the release rather than the actual fact of the happening. Joy Division is a slightly different situation as the last album was all ready to go, I believe & wasn't pieced together. Jeff Buckley may be a better comparison as the "(sketches for) my sweetheart the drunk" is basically just the demos for the "my sweetheart the drunk" album compilied by Chris Cornell, of all people, for release. Although I'm a Buckley fan I'm getting increasingly miffed at the continual releases after his death as they aren't really adding anything to his body of work, in my opinion. But, as the case of the guy above with the Pantera releases, I keep on buying them. Such is the way of the fan, I suppose.

I'm just trying to throw in a bit of debate here - if that makes me "really fucking low" to some people then there's not much else to add, I suppose.

Incidently, on another note - you still not worked out who I am, have you? I should really have said hello when I saw you in elgin a few weeks back!

.... on a final note unless you've heard the tunes concerned you cant really say the musics good or bad can you? I've lost count on the times my blind faith in a band has let me down when there new album has been released :D

I'm just off to get the new Raging Speedhorn album - fingers crossed 8o

Just incase anyone's intrested Raging Speedhorn haven't let me down, maybe not as immediate as We Will Be Dead Tomorrow but still a wall of noise from start to finsh in a Motorhead stylee :rockon: