aberdeen-music

Southall Riot, The Downroads, King Louie and The Kitchen Cynics

Guest Zeenat Aman

I will be there, but with my mind in a state of shock due to an impending matter, one that cannot be avoided unless one dies before Tuesday the 24th.

X-(

first time Ive seen the Kitschy Cynics and twas cool, kinda like the eels new album but not as depressing, the first solo song with the acoustic mini guitar through an echo box was me fave....stripped down wierdness....and the one where the guy played the cello like a cello (with a stick thing?) sounded gorgeous

The Downroads were immense. But turning the guitar doon after the first song was soooooo wrong in my opinion, cos it was sounding fantasticly overblown and MC5 out front. Kinda tamed the whole sound when it went quiet. Still ace tunes, ace performance, much spazzed out frontman entertainment and some of the best guitaringness in the world.

Didnt like King Looie at all. The tunnels would need to install bandits and quiz machines for bored punters if more bands like that play.

Missed the last band cos it was me bedtime and Saturdays hangover was kicking in again. No doubt they were amazing cos thats what always happens.

Thank you for the kind comments' date=' betamax...it was a very 'loose' Kitchen Cynics, with plenty to keep fans of mistakes happy!!!

Southall Riot were indeed fine. It was past my bedtime too, but they pressed the right buttons, so sleep was put on hold :rockon:[/quote']

i only spotted one obvious mistake and that was dodgy ending where you all looked at other in a ''why did we stop like that way'' which was quite funny and didnt affect anyones enjoyment!

who was the little old guy dressed as harry potter btw (he was trying to inflate himself with a mini keyboard and played the flute a couple of times) ;)

i only spotted one obvious mistake and that was dodgy ending where you all looked at other in a ''why did we stop like that way'' which was quite funny and didnt affect anyones enjoyment!

who was the little old guy dressed as harry potter btw (he was trying to inflate himself with a mini keyboard and played the flute a couple of times) ;)

The bad ending was when everyone else remembered that we normally run that song into another one, but I forgot, and brought it to a close early........I blame the dementia! Talking of which, it's the Potter-a-like's birthday today!!!!! :cheers:

Guest Zeenat Aman

The Downroads were immense. But turning the guitar doon after the first song was soooooo wrong in my opinion' date=' cos it was sounding fantasticly overblown and MC5 out front..[/quote']

I was in awe, hearing the majesty of Jim's guitar playing at that volume was fantastic... then they burst the bubble and turned him down. :(

My favourite guitar player!

It's a good idea to rehearse for gigs dont you agree? :D

I blame Mike's beard' date=' for [b']everything.

Watch it, or I'll wave my magic stick at yeh!

I was in awe' date=' hearing the majesty of Jim's guitar playing at that volume was fantastic... then they burst the bubble and turned him down. :(

[/quote']

Mine too, I never normally take much notice of guitars (despite sometimes attempting to use one meself *) but watching Jim was sooooo fecking inspiring and actually made me wanna have a go at being good at it too

can only try like

got to mention the downroads drummer too, super sixties stylized! WHAT A BAND!

*no idea why I ended up being a guitar player in TV when Im really a synth monkey

I was in awe' date=' hearing the majesty of Jim's guitar playing at that volume was fantastic... then they burst the bubble and turned him down. :(

[/quote']

Mine too, I never normally take much notice of guitars but watching Jim was sooooo fecking inspiring

got to mention the downroads drummer too, super sixties stylized! WHAT A BAND!

Lenny is a fucking legend - Awesome drummer, great singer and guitarist too. Hes in The Thanes and The Wilderbeests too both of whom are cooler than cool.

My last band used to cover a Wilderbeest song (remember that Zeenat "Trust In Me"). Lenny, Jim, Mike and Zeenat all featured in that band over its short existance and believe me they made the Cynics look tight as fuck.

I love The Downroads and The Kitchen Cynics, they are easily the best in town.