Guest stuartmaxwell

i have a *cough* laney 4 x 10 for sale

punchy as fuck

stood the test of time

the jack socket needs to have the lead kept in or you go fishing for it

I'll swap you a Jensen loaded 1936 for one of your AC30s

:D

worth a shot.

...the last of me dodgy AC30 collection just konked oot (AFTER SEVERAL EXPENSIVE REPAIR JOBS!!!) hence totally new gear requirement cos I fucking hate them now

converted to a Marshall JTM45 head last month and its way better than an AC30 anyway for what I need it to do

Ill do cash for the 1936 tho??? Name yo price if you wanna deal

im also thinking about removing the amp section from a cosmetically nice AC30 and leaving in the speakers and just using it as a v neat 2x12 cab maybe....gonna try it...or I could sell it to some gullible american tit on ebay for a fucking grand! hehe :D

Guest Zeenat Aman

converted to a Marshall JTM45 head last month and its way better than an AC30 anyway for what I need it to do

Your guitar sounded ace at the tunnels!!! I noticed the nice lil JTM45 head, did you use it's own sound for the not so distorted parts?

Your guitar sounded ace at the tunnels!!! I noticed the nice lil JTM45 head' date=' did you sue it for the not so distorted sounds?[/quote']

sue it ?

*thinks*

use it

yeh the cleanish sound (not so distotred) is just the guitar going into the JTM45

i like it lots it too and consequently dont use the fuzzbox as much noo

clean to fuzzbox ratio now approx 55/45

maybe thats partly why the band sounds more 'musical' plus we also ditched the fuzz on the bass guitar completely to get the sound more 'bouncy'

and hey I never recognised you properly at the gig so apolz for non chats (youve had a drastic shave and a haircut and your clothes seemed to fit) I thought ''he's kinda familiar but actually too presentable looking to be phillip''

Guest Zeenat Aman

Hehehehe, I made an effort for the gig, umm that's about the only clothes I own now... I even smelt nice!!! :D

sue it ?

*thinks*

use it

yeh the cleanish sound (not so distotred) is just the guitar going into the JTM45

i like it lots it too and consequently dont use the fuzzbox as much noo

clean to fuzzbox ratio now approx 55/45

maybe thats partly why the band sounds more 'musical' plus we also ditched the fuzz on the bass guitar completely to get the sound more 'bouncy'

and hey I never recognised you properly at the gig so apolz for non chats (youve had a drastic shave and a haircut and your clothes seemed to fit) I thought ''he's kinda familiar but actually too presentable looking to be phillip''

i have a *cough* laney 4 x 10 for sale

punchy as fuck

stood the test of time

the jack socket needs to have the lead kept in or you go fishing for it

no *cough* thankyou

its a label thing

im the same with clothes / ice cream / cat food

quite ashamed of my own brainwashed consumerism

Guest Gasss

I was only joking about the AC30/cab swap. I can't really sell my 1936 as I need something to play through.

Now if you wanted to swap the cab for a gutted AC30 "cab"...

...the last of me dodgy AC30 collection just konked oot (AFTER SEVERAL EXPENSIVE REPAIR JOBS!!!) hence totally new gear requirement cos I fucking hate them now

Little off topic, but are AC30's really that unreliable? It's kinda funny, but you're right they're the holy grail of amps in the states. Just curious, I do like the sound of them though.

Now if you wanted to swap the cab for a gutted AC30 "cab"...

trying the gutted AC30 cab experiment this weekend

in theory it should sound cool cos the speakers are original 1960s dome shaped ones

dont think the JTM45 will destroy them (given the volume of an AC30) but who knows?

will post findings soon

I think the sound of a JTM 45 destroying a set of alnico blues would be inspirational

it does sound good

cant really compare it to anything apart from to say it sounds nout like a JTM45 into a marshall cab.... but kinda sounds like a wierd vox/marshall hybrid (which it is)

even more lofi and retro than I was thinking I wanted (nuggets box set), but ill try it for a while anyway and see what happens (cos Ive spent me 2X12 cab fund on some new shirts now)

it sounds sonically v interesting at home so gonna try it in the band environment next