aberdeen-music

More web site staff required

Neil

Firstly, there has been a change to the staff team. Onlynik has resigned due to the lack of free time he has to help out on the web site and has now been replaced by Chris. So if you are wondering why your gig has not been added to the calendar then first read this post and if that doesn't answer your question(s) then please contact Chris.

Secondly, due to the web site's continuing increase in popularity I am once again looking for an additional two people to join our team of staff to help with moderating the forums.

If you are interested then the requirements are as follows:

1. You are 18 years old or over.

2. You have your own connection to the Internet (i.e. you don't just have access to the Internet via work or University etc.)

3. You are a registered member on this web site and access this web site on a daily basis.

4. You don't already perform a similar role on another online community web site (I need to know you will be committed to aberdeen-music.com). Although previous forum moderation experience is advantageous.

5. Have the interests of the local music scene and this online community at heart.

6. You are considered to be a member of good standing on this web site. i.e. You haven't been banned or warned about your behaviour on the forums in the past.

We are short of staff members that can keep an eye on the forums during the working day and so if you are interested in applying then please let me know in your PM to me that you can or cannot check the web site during this time.

Please remember that this is a volunteer role and so, like me, you don't get paid and have to do this in your own spare time (or sneakily do it when you should be working!). In saying that, if your application is successful, then you would become a Staff member and automatically get access to the private Staff forum and get all the same perks that the Supporters and Sponsors get. If successful, you also get the joy of being berated by other forum members for being a moderator and probably losing all your Scene Points. :)

If you want to apply then please send me a private message only even if you have PM or e-mailed me in the past. And let me know why you think you would be a good staff member.

The final decision of who gets made a staff member is mine and mine alone. I'll post a further announcement when the two new staff members have been decided.