aberdeen-music

The Boy Lacks Patience Live on BBC Radio Scotland Today + misprint + website

broken_doll

Okay ....wasn't sure where to put this because there were three separate issues....hence i went for here....

The Boy Lacks Patience (christopher john) playing live on radio in competition...is in the P&J today and has his new website up and running with song downloads available ....details all below....

http://www.theboylackspatience.com

Thursday 24th March 2005

The Boy Lacks Patience on BBC Radio Scotland (90 95 FM, 810 MW)

Critical choice is a competition on the Tom Morton show, which is playing a new unsigned act, Monday to Thursday. The Boy Lacks Patience plays on Thursday!! between 2 and 3pm. On Friday there is a review of all acts - with music journalists - they play clips of who's been on and then the public phone and vote for their favourite act of the week (you can help with this bit ....so if Christopher is your favourite please phone in).

Lastly but not leastly...thank you to the P&J chaps for the article with picture......but Chris just wanted to clear up a mis-quote as it could be horribly misunderstood.....

On page 6 it quotes him as saying -

"There's not that many singer songwriters out there, but i've had a really positive reaction"where's what he actually said was -

"There's not that many piano playing singer songwriters out there, but i've had a really positive reaction"

He just wanted people to know especially because there are loads of good singer songwriters out there including several of his friends.....Hehe....although saying there aren't that many piano playing ones he is playing Kathryn Sawyers piano in the paper photo

That's my absolute favourite.............am not sure if he'll play it today.............trying to remove pressure by telling him to play what he feels most comfortable with..........but i love that song..........

ps.....just as a general note to all...........this is worth a listen just out of intrigue's sake..........i got to know Chris largely on the basis of noticing how amazing (imho) his songs, singing and playing was............and it was a large part of why i fell for him.......so maybe it's just me and my crazy taste (and now i count as biased i guess)..........but i he's very talented........

(though there have been a few uber talented aberdeen acts (imho) who suprise me by going too unoticed...but hay.....that's part of why this website's here ^_^)

Good luck in the contest, my favourite local band at the moment are The Method from Buckie and they are also in the competition and played on tuesday. Its good we have 2 bands from our immediate area representing the north of Scotland, it shows the depth of talent we have up here. Lets hope somebody takes notice for all these bands on Tom Mortons show. :band:

to spell checker......

he does a few relaxed things at Kilau (likely spelt wrong) coffee shop on Little Belmont Street ....kinda open mic jam thing from time to time..........and has played a lot at the Monday night Malt Mill open mic night....

He's supported the Simon Gall Band a fair few times and played the Malt Mill with Nicky Cairney......and supported Stephen Fretwell at the Lemon Tree and played a part in the Van Morrison Tribute Night at the Lemon Tree.....those are a few of the things anyway....hehe....an at my birthday party *L*

He's only been back in aberdeen after studying music in manchester for about a year so that would account for not being so known....he's planning to record an album soon though and do a launch gig or maybe a headline gig before that....not sure yet......tho if you are interested check website (in first post) and it should be updated.....or maybe we'll be at Malt Mill soon or i'll post any gigs up on here

Graeme......you may have noticed he did play that one too.....it's called Cross the Boarder :)

Freddyboy......yes i was pleased to hear that they were from Buckie....i think it's a great representation that there's lots going on up here.....i suck tho because i only managed to hear yesterday's band and not monday and tuesdays.....tho they'll be playing clips of all tomorrow i believe.....and yes .....it would be really cool if they all caught peoples attention

so did anyone have a listen....and what did you think?