aberdeen-music

Reasons Are Red MP3s + Gig on Friday

Guest stuartmaxwell

Kris Watson was in the band if that's what you were thinking Dave. I'm guessing now he's not and instead they have drafted in a complete los... I mean' date=' uh... Maxi :D[/quote']

Kris decided it was within his own interest to leave the band last week or so as he's got alot on at the moment in his personal life and wasn't sure if he could commit to it, plus his general feeling is that he's lost all enthusiasm for playing in bands, which is a shame as he's a talented guy. So Maxi is in on guitar to steady the ship once again.

Friday should be good if anyone is interested in coming along, if not then fair does

Guest Mr Blastcap

ker-klunk

i thought it was good gear. particularly like the rumbling low end chicago ( as in every touch and go band, not the soft rock duck worriers) style bass and zonking guitars. the vocals dont bother me, i think they fit with the scenery. mind you i'm actually one of those person that likes idlewilds captain mini cd.bits of it remind me of liars, bits of it remind me of shellac, bits of it remind me of mark rothko's finest work.

they should play a gig with rockets are red.

Hmmm.... sounds like complete Mclusky rip-offs to be honest, especialle the first one. The songs are by no means shite... they just aren't really anything I've nae heard before. And I'd have to agree with the folk moaning about the vocals; I can't stand put-on accents.

However, my major criticism is in a Scottish band calling a song "You Do The Math"... such a horrible American term that. Add an s to the end and it'd look so much better ;)

Certainly a band worthy of keeping an eye on though. I think the songs are starting to grow on me slightly since I started typing.