aberdeen-music

Director of Hero (Jet Li) new movie - House of Flying Daggers

rufus13th

I dunno how many folk watched Hero on the big screen. I had seen it before anyway (when it was first released on DVD two years ago) but I had to watch it again in the cinema. Truly is breathtaking stuff. Shame it got censored to hell by the retards at Miramax.

Anyway, Zhang Yimou's next Martial Arts film is the excellent House of Flying Daggers. Whilst not quite on the epic scale of Hero, it's still a fun enjoyable flick with plenty of awesome fights. It's out now on Region 3 DVD for a measly 7ish. Alternatively, you could wait til Boxing Day and watch it in the cinema. Distributed by Sony so it's 100% uncut (if the BBFC don't interfere).

Review of the DVD is here. :ding:

It was censored by the distributors Miramax. They bought the distribution rights worldwide. The producers, (the Weinstein brothers) are the biggest bunch of movie rapists in the world. They buy Asian movies, redub, redit them to make sense for Western audiences and force viewers to watch that instead of the original version.

In Hero's case, the Weinstein brothers felt the movie was far too long and cut 20 minutes off. I have the original extended Chinese release but this is the version that should've been released in the first place.

The cuts had nothing to do with the violence.