aberdeen-music

CDRW problem

Guest killamangiro

Guest killamangiro

ever since i have formated my cdrw aint been working ive tried installing the software(cd) i was given to no avail- but the CDrw should be able to work on any?, so just wondering if anyone could point my in the direction of tutorials on how to get it connected up, computer recognising it, or if i could go into the computers bios and do it manually from there?

much help needed- can't get promo cd's out and the like, so please... :help:

Guest onlynik
ever since i have formated my cdrw aint been working ive tried installing the software(cd) i was given to no avail- but the CDrw should be able to work on any?' date=' so just wondering if anyone could point my in the direction of tutorials on how to get it connected up, computer recognising it, or if i could go into the computers bios and do it manually from there?

much help needed- can't get promo cd's out and the like, so please... :help:[/quote']

Would need to know the OS for a start, make of CD-RW.

is the drive being picked up my the OS (is the icon for it there)? if not, do the following:

Open up the case and check for the model, manufacturer and serial number of the drive

go to www.driverguide.com , they should have the driver for your CDRW. you may have to register, but it is easy and quick.

download the relevant driver, and it should be working after you restart

quite a basic idea, but this is what i had to do when my cdrom driver was rewritten by PowerDVD (dont ask)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest killamangiro

nah didnt work/help, just sent me on the quest of nothing-at-all

it's a Lite-On Technology "SOHC-5232K" cd rom/dvd/cdrw combo, you "in the know" so to speak? care to help us out? i'm desperate :(

Guest killamangiro

i have- the links are just dead on the liteon website, and its got something about the usb port picking up automatically after windows98(im on xp home) but it's internal, weather that makes a difference or not i don't know,

out of curiousity, how much would it cost me to get a decent dvd rewriter cause with that i could hold so much more on one cd, which'd be nice, and i can still produce audio cds with dvd writer yes/no?

Guest killamangiro
yeah you can do everything with a dvd rewriter that you can with a cd one. you can get dvd rewriters for about 50 quid now. IF you want to buy one from a shop i'd reconmend North East peripherals' date=' online i'd go here [url']http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=61415

yeah i get everything from NE peripherals, they stranded me with this cd rewriter i have now that seems to be unusable, i'll go about getting myself one next week, thank you.

p,s do these 800mb blank cds still work with DVD writer?

Guest Neubeatz

Hmm,

I have a Liteon in this machine, 28 from the woman that used to run silicon trading, no problems writing, but it doesnt like to/cant read some files properly,

I got a Philips DVD+RW from Maplin for 29.99, but its "OEM", I tried it in an old pc for recording in the Basement, but the hard drive fried while I was setting up....:(

So it now lives in my P111, and works fine!!!....

Have you looked in the bios or done an autodetect for your Liteon???

Guest onlynik
nah didnt work/help' date=' just sent me on the quest of nothing-at-all

it's a Lite-On Technology "SOHC-5232K" cd rom/dvd/cdrw combo, you "in the know" so to speak? care to help us out? i'm desperate :([/quote']

Try it in a different machine?

Hmm' date='

I have a Liteon in this machine, 28 from the woman that used to run silicon trading, no problems writing, but it doesnt like to/cant read some files properly,

I got a Philips DVD+RW from Maplin for 29.99, but its "OEM", I tried it in an old pc for recording in the Basement, but the hard drive fried while I was setting up....:(

So it now lives in my P111, and works fine!!!....

Have you looked in the bios or done an autodetect for your Liteon???[/quote']

that woman that used to run silicon owns North East Peripherals