aberdeen-music

Band Seek Vocalist

Moose

We are a 3-piece rock/indie/pop band featuring the rhythm section of Carson Wells and local singer songwriter Ashley Park.  We have about 5-6 jams complete that we are fairly happy with, but are unsure where we want to take it vocally.  Although we all do vocals in our respective bands, none of are voices, we feel, are suited to what we want to take this band.  I suppose we just want someone with a strong, pop influenced voice who can act as a sort of front person.   

We all like the idea of a female voice, supported by our three male voices, but this is not to say men need not show an interest.  Personally, I like the idea of someone with a lot of confidence and uniqueness to their vocals, than someone who is a classically trained singer.  Even if you just fancy giving it a bash, please get in touch and we can possibly hold some kind of audition?  We are dead friendly guys, so you needn't be nervous about putting yourself forward. 

Not really knowing many musicians who are primarily "singers" in the local area, we hope that this will unearth someone we are unaware of, maybe someone toying with the idea of joining a band?!  If this interests you at all, please get in touch. 

We have 5 demos recorded which we can forward to you on request. 

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Probably too late to reply but thought I would drop you a line anyway.....but I would be in the category of 'fancy giving it a bash!!' I have only sung in public a couple of times but I love to sing.  Not sure if I'm what you're looking for but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained!!!  Not sure if I would be a 'pop' singer as I like to sing mostly folk, but love to sing along to Kacey Musgrave, Lady Antebellum, Adele........would be willing to try anything though.

I'm 42 and live in Aberdeenshire......you probably stopped reading at 42!!!  Would absolutely not be offended if you said no!!

Jen McHattie