aberdeen-music

RAAR, SEA, KOBI, The Method, Lemontree 10th sept

freddyboy

Guest stuartmaxwell

The best example of a band that don't rock out' date=' but still totally own the stage are A Perfect Circle. Seeing them in Glasgow was immense, with MJK on a platform at the very back of the stage, where you couldn't even see his face for the entire set. Also,the fantastic lighting obviously made a huge difference. An anthemic sound, brilliant musicians, and superd lighting will lend well to a band who aren't mobile. However, as we can't get that lighting etc, we will tend to appear lacking in oomph

[/quote']

now that is what i would call "stage prescence"

i.e. not a bunch of whiny emo kids rasping into a microphone while performing piruoettes and the like

Marshall and Ross. Good for you responding to this thread. I am sorry if I have called into question your bands professionalism, that was not my intention, but just a SEA virgins eye view if you know what I mean. Getting back to my main point, if your singer could occasionally look at the audience. He was very animated at several parts of your set and really getting into his music, it might in my opinion help visually for the audience. I have to agree thinking back on the night the on stage lights for all the support bands did not alter, however when RAAR came on they went mental which visually for me enhanced the overall effect of their performance. Before you flame me I know the music is what it is all about but I think it might have helped all the bands i.e a bit more atmosheric if you know what I mean. I think I 'm talking bolloxs now..........