aberdeen-music

Young! Singer And Drummer Needed For Covers Band

Guest Young Adolesent

Guest Young Adolesent

we so far are a 3 piece band, bass, lead and rhythm guitar looking for a female or male singer to cover most types of music we don't really have a specific type of music at the moment we can do modern music i.e. the script to good old music like oasis, but we are definitely against metal and scream metal. singer would need to be dedicated to at least practice once a week we have our own practice space near city center with drum kit p.a, amps etc but our mics aint the best of quality so if you have your own would be appreciated to bring your own, drummer needs to be to a decent spec no wannabes who can only play a standard rock beat yous piss me off!! drummer should be willing to add backing vocals like the rest of us are its not really serious at the moment just a hobbies for fun maybe get a laugh out of it 

songs were decided on ( not final draft but ones were comfortable with)

oasis, dont look back in anger

oasis, wonderwall

the script, for the first time

the script, good 'ol days

ed sheeran, give me love

arctic monkeys, mardy bum

coldplay, fix you

kings of leon, use somebody

the script, hall of fame

if your interested please get in touch we havent been able to do much with no singer or drummer

• Upvote 1

Guest Young Adolesent

singer found!! there is a god!! what a shame were now looking for a bassist our practice space has no bass amp. but well see what we can do

• 3 weeks later...

"we so far are a 3 piece band, bass, lead and rhythm guitar looking for a female or male singer to cover most types of music we don't really have a specific type of music at the moment we can do modern music i.e. the script to good old music like oasis, but we are definitely against metal and scream metal. singer would need to be dedicated to at least practice once a week we have our own practice space near city center with drum kit p.a, amps etc but our mics aint the best of quality so if you have your own would be appreciated to bring your own, drummer needs to be to a decent spec no wannabes who can only play a standard rock beat yous piss me off!! drummer should be willing to add backing vocals like the rest of us are its not really serious at the moment just a hobbies for fun maybe get a laugh out of it 

oasis, wonderwall

ed sheeran, give me love

coldplay, fix you

the script, hall of fame

if your interested please get in touch we havent been able to do much with no singer or drummer"

Isn't it kinda ironic how all of the songs you mention have pretty 'simplistic/basic/any drummer worth his salt could play it with one arm tied behind his back' drum beat, yet you get pissed off by drummers who can only play a  "standard rock beat" 

Just sayin.....

Edited by BigP

Guest Young Adolesent

"we so far are a 3 piece band, bass, lead and rhythm guitar looking for a female or male singer to cover most types of music we don't really have a specific type of music at the moment we can do modern music i.e. the script to good old music like oasis, but we are definitely against metal and scream metal. singer would need to be dedicated to at least practice once a week we have our own practice space near city center with drum kit p.a, amps etc but our mics aint the best of quality so if you have your own would be appreciated to bring your own, drummer needs to be to a decent spec no wannabes who can only play a standard rock beat yous piss me off!! drummer should be willing to add backing vocals like the rest of us are its not really serious at the moment just a hobbies for fun maybe get a laugh out of it 

oasis, wonderwall

ed sheeran, give me love

coldplay, fix you

the script, hall of fame

if your interested please get in touch we havent been able to do much with no singer or drummer"

Isn't it kinda ironic how all of the songs you mention have pretty 'simplistic/basic/any drummer worth his salt could play it with one arm tied behind his back' drum beat, yet you get pissed off by drummers who can only play a  "standard rock beat" 

Just sayin.....

i agree but the songs have changed because the drummer mentioned this, this was just what we wanted to do when we never had the drummer, but now hes came hes added a few of some more up beat non simplistic songs. and what i ment by the standard rock beat thing is, just a drummer who sticks to the one beat really never changes around adds any fills in and just sits there like a spare prick

• 1 month later...
Guest Young Adolesent

Mmh revival! Now needing a new bassist to cover the likes of arctic monkeys, stereophonics, twodoorcinemaclub, the wombats and jake bugg we all have wrote our own music and you would be expected to pitch in a few ideas, we would like to do covers but mostly original music, we have a practice space bieng renovated (its taking a long time) but for now my bedroom is our practice space

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm 15 and have been playing bass for just over two years now, I play quite a bit of two door but I more tend to play bands like muse, kings of leon, the vaccines and foals. I do also play some of the Wombats and can learn other cover songs if you're interested?

Just wondering: How often do you guys practice? How old are all of you?

I'm quite interested to join a band at the moment, thanks, please reply if possible.

Edited by nuliajorris

Guest Young Adolesent

Hello, we are all 14/15 years old. We usually practice once a week. We practice in rosemount (our drummers house) but we have a practice space on the way. Dont worry about our music. So far we are just getting started so just doing a few acoustic songs then we will have a choice in what to play. Everyone has a say. Im joss. Fire me a PM. You probably know some of us anyway

Edited by Young Adolesent