aberdeen-music

newsletter

Guest babyshambles

Guest babyshambles

no trying to tell drakes pr how to do their job, BUT.. the newsleter. any chance of some breaks, line between the dates to make it easier to search through dates, bands, ect.

more attractive to the onlooker, i guess and easier to search thru, maybe even colour coded dates or is that last one just taking the piss:O

either way. some good gigs ahead.

i know i know! BUT, i have tried typing it with spaces in between in the past and realised that when it sends to people the spaces go MASSIVE and the email looks really really long and may seem like a drag to read.....and yes i just realised that this time there were no spaces! sorry! its probably gonna look different everytime.

also i was advised that if i did the text in HTML so i could do bold/underscore etc etc then 'someone' is gonna complain that they cant read it cause it's come out in a load of gobbledegook!!

any other suggestions/complaints/ideas?!

sharon

Guest babyshambles
Originally posted by DR DRAKE

i know i know! BUT, i have tried typing it with spaces in between in the past and realised that when it sends to people the spaces go MASSIVE and the email looks really really long and may seem like a drag to read.....and yes i just realised that this time there were no spaces! sorry! its probably gonna look different everytime.

also i was advised that if i did the text in HTML so i could do bold/underscore etc etc then 'someone' is gonna complain that they cant read it cause it's come out in a load of gobbledegook!!

any other suggestions/complaints/ideas?!

sharon

what script do you use for the mailing script? there all free providers that allow people to sign up for html based e-mail or non html based which solves your problem, but some have the little 2 line advertisment below. but there are scripts you can run that'll get rid of that factor.

and it might be a drag to read if longer but its easier to read and the content doesnt look as clustard and does still have all the listings in a good layout. hmm, compendree?

• 3 weeks later...