aberdeen-music

Squier 50th Anniversary Strat £40, Seymour Duncan JB Jr £35

Bigsby

OK, bought this strat off Gumtree a couple of months ago with a view to modding it, but got cold feet after realising that it's actually a very nice guitar and it's a shame to piss about with it.

It's a Chinese "Strat" model, but apparently one of the first ones made and as such a better/higher spec than the current ones, eg full size body, "swimming pool" routes for humbuckers etc. It has a 50th anniversary sticker on the back of the headstock.

Plays and sounds great, I even gigged with it at Drummond's last month after all the thefts.

Body has some cosmetic scratches/sticker residue etc.

Looking for what I paid, £40.

Also a black Seymour Duncan JB Jr (Bridge). Bought it for a project, too hot for country, looking for £35.

Fairly standard strat specs, 3 single coils, trem, this was one of the first Chinese strats, the later ones have thinner bodies but this is full width, rosewood neck. It has a swimming pool route, ie a massive one so you can drop humbuckers or whatever in there without hacking it up. Worth 40 all day long, I would keep it but I bought His Majesty's cv tele and I'm pushing 20 guitars so I just don't have room for them all.

You are welcome to come round and play it through my 64 Fender Concert to see how good it can sound. :)