aberdeen-music

Blues/Folk/Bluegrassy Band Required for booking

Just Matt

Hi

I'm looking to book a band for mid July. It is for my wedding, the band I was hoping on look like they are falling through.

I'm looking for something in the region of a blues band with folky, blugrassy roots with an abilty to rock. I'm struggling as all I can find to book for weddings are cheesy cover bands that try too hard and lack anything different or interesting ( no offence to anyone out there doing that, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places)

Anyways it is a barn style dance based near turriff, My budget is tight to warn you before any offers come in. Although I can offer a FREE bar to the whole band as long as you don't get too wasted and fall of the stage mid set.

Any suggestions or offers will be trully welcomed

Thanks

Matt

Son Henry Band is the best bluesy band out there, and they do indeed rock. Not too folksy or bluegrassy though.

Our band The Malpaso Gang are more country but we rock too. :)

When I got married I spoke to the guys in the Billy Shears Band to see if they do weddings. They said they had done them before, but although maybe the bride and groom were maybe keen on a more specific style, the vast majority of folk at the wedding weren't that keen and it made for a flat atmosphere. That's where cheesy cover bands excel. They may not be your personal first choice but they will get your Aunty Bunty up dancing all night.

Just an observation! :)