aberdeen-music

Metronomy and Funeral Party both coming to Tunnels

Alright Ladies and Gents,

Couple of belters for you

I've just put Metronomy onsale for the 26th April at The Tunnels - should be a great wee show.

Metronomy Tickets

Metronomy Myspace

"Joseph Mount writes and records music using the name Metronomy.

Oscar Cash, Gabriel Stebbing and Joseph Mount perfom that music live and still call themselves Metronomy. Joseph Mount lived in Devon for a time, moved to Brighton and has finally settled for a while in London. On the way he has recorded one album and remixed many bands and artists. Soon a second album will arrive. Until that album arrives (at which time i'm sure a proper biography will be written) please enjoy what's available here and fill in any gaps with your own imaginings."

I'm also doing Funeral Party on January 29th at The Tunnels - awesome new band that just did the 30 Seconds To Mars tour (which I find a bit weird to be honest!)

Funeral Party Tickets

Funeral Party Myspace

"Funeral Party is a five-piece band that formed late one night in a park. Hardcore bands and metal bands dominated the local music scene at the time in Whittier, California, an East Los Angeles suburb comprised of mostly working-class enclaves. In the East Los Angeles neighborhoods adjacent to Whittier however, a post-punk dance-craze revival was emerging and Funeral Party began gigging every weekend. The band quickly developed a following and a D.I.Y. ethos that encapsulated East Los Angeles rich musical history. Initially, the band didnt even own equipment and had to borrow it from bands they played with at East Los Angeles backyard parties and warehouses. Funeral Party quickly achieved a mythic stature in the Los Angeles underground. Lars Stalfors, engineer for Mars Volta, invited the band to record in Voltas studio in East L.A. The sessions yielded Chalice, which immediately became East L.A.s theme song and could be heard bumping on iPods throughout Southern California. What is unique about Funeral Party is the bands universal appeal; there exist numerous infusions in their music. This band is crucially important as they have created a visceral music that encapsulates the experiences of contemporary youth. Funeral Party's sound is shaped by disparate realities, manifested in the band's musical approach"